|20 Apr 2018||Level Creator Update 1.4.0|
|The Level Creator for Soko Banish has been updated to its next milestone version, 1.4.0. This is a major feature update adding tons of useful functionality, such as:|
- Level testing!
- Easier handling of levelpack files
- Random object placement
- Pasting ASCII levels from clipboard
And much more! It also fixes many bugs and issues remaining in the previous version and adds new cobweb decorations to use in your levels. As usual, you can update your editor by downloading the latest version and replacing your old "levelcreator.exe" and "edithelp.txt" files with the new ones. A complete list of changes can be found in the updated help file.
Enjoy, and don't forget to share your creations with us!
|16 Apr 2018||Soko Banish Crash Solution|
|Some people have been encountering crashes when trying to go past the title screen in Soko Banish and it seems to be related to the game being installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\. If you are having problems playing the game, please make sure it's NOT installed in Program Files (x86)! I have removed it as the default installation directory, but I may not be able to fix this (quite puzzling) behaviour, so be sure to avoid that folder as a work-around.|
|31 Mar 2018||Upcoming Editor Stuff!|
|The Level Creator for Soko Banish is getting an enormous update, adding much-needed features like level testing, undo/redo and a more comfortable way of managing levelpack info, level order and custom graphics, as well as tons of bugfixes. Excitement!|
Check the blog for a quick overview of major features. There's still a lot of testing to be done, but the new version should hit sometime in the next weeks. Be sure not to miss it when it's out!
|24 Mar 2018||Soko Banish - Patch 1.4.2|
|Patch 1.4.2 for Soko Banish has just been released. It is largely a bugfix patch that also replaces one level and makes some small improvements to the graphics. Grab it here: Soko Banish game page.|
|05 Mar 2018||Soko Banish - Patch 1.4.1|
|Soko Banish has received an update, fixing bugs and adding features, notably the ability to track your best times/steps on your profile. Grab the new patch on the game info page to upgrade!|
- Best times and steps are now saved and shown (if enabled).
- Stand-alone levels can be played by dragging files on the program.
- Undo/redo is much faster when held down for many steps.
- Level list can now be scrolled up/down with the mouse wheel.
- Fixed a bug with tracking progress in packs without a levels.txt.
- Pack description looks better and no longer flickers.
- Fixed a problem with the leaf effect graphics.
- "void.jpg" background tiles better; "snow.jpg" less blurry.
- Darkness effect is slightly brighter.
- Temporary files are cleaned up once more.
- Various small bugfixes.